Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wed, 12 of January

Well, again we had class today.  Thats the fun part of study abroad, oh wait, I am kidding.  Today we had our director's class again, more on the books we had to read.  Not bad at all! Scott makes class pretty fun and keeps everyone entertained, which makes it fun to attend.  We were suppose to have theater class tonight as well, at 6, but instead we had a welcome gathering at the imperial college for all the college students that attend the college of FIE.  It was pretty fun, and in fact there was a drawing that you could win trips to Scotland, Ireland and parts of England.  The benefits of the drawing went to a charity in an African country where it benefited a school in that country.  I bought 5 pounds worth of tickets and Libbie bought 10 pounds worth.  Of course, with my luck, I didn't win, but Libbie ended up winning a day trip to anywhere she wants in England.  I think, if I am lucky, she might invite me to go! But I could be mistaken!
     Anyways, today was quite boring.  We had class, then a ton of people from our group went to work out, which makes motivation easier, and than came back to our flat and hung out for a couple hours until we had the welcome party for FIE, the school we attend while we are here.  After that we went to the pub, with our whole group, to have a couple pints.  Tried some new ones tonight!  I tried the Czech Republic version of Budweiser, called Budvoz.  It was fantastic! Dad, you would love it!  Also tired a local beer, it was a Pale Ale brewed in London called "Meantime".  It was pretty good, better than the beer in America, but nothing like a good European beer.
     Came home early tonight, got class at 10 tomorrow.  The class should be interesting, it is British History and Culture.
     This Friday, we have a group trip to Bath, the city where Stonehenge is.  I heard this place is breathe taking.  I will take lots of pictures to keep all of you updated.

Cheers

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment