Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rugby Game

Yesterday we woke up early and starting some festivities with a bunch of our flat mates before we headed out to  a local rugby game, however it was not very local.  We had like a hour worth of traveling to get to the game but it was totally worth it.  We had to take the tube to Waterloo station and then head south east of London.  It was on an above ground train.  After we got of the train stop we had like a 15 minute walk to the "Stoop".  It was a pretty cool stadium.  Not very big, it held about 15,000, and was for the most part full.  It was a very fun atmosphere and the British people LOVE rugby.  I talked to the guy next to me and it is professional rugby.  There is a league called the "6 nations" which is 6 countries and that is the biggest league.  The game we went to yesterday has like 4 people that play on the national teams.  So, comparing it to America, I would guess it is like Triple A baseball, a really good farm team.

Stadium view.  Very flat and open.

We were in the 3rd row right behind the endzone. Great view.



It was a muddy field.

After the game we came back and ate some dinner and met up with some guys that went to the Chelsea football game.  We then went out to Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, the oldest pub in London I have described earlier.  It is such a fun place with a ton of history.  We sat and talked to a couple one from Rural England and one from Brazil.  It was funny to hear them speak of America.  After this we headed over to Piccadilly Circus as a big group to meet up with more people from our group.  It was a short stay in Piccadilly and we headed home.  Today is a homework day, but I thought I would get this done before I did any work work.  

Cheers

Jimmy

1 comment:

  1. I bet you had a great time, Jimmy. I and my family love watching rugby games too. It may seem morbid and violent, but we have the appreciative eye to watch this sport in the flesh.


    -Savannah Adams

    ReplyDelete